[python-uk] emacs and python and emacs-starter-kit

Menno Smits menno at freshfoo.com
Wed Mar 17 14:35:34 CET 2010

Hi Bruce,

I use both python-mode.el and ropemacs. The aren't
exclusive. python-mode.el provides (imperfect) syntax highlighting,
Python indentation, pdbtrack and other goodies. ropemacs
gives some powerful refactoring tools.

If you want to look, my Emacs config is at the Mercurial repo here:
http://freshfoo.com/repos/config/trunk/
(look under the emacs/.emacs.d directory)

It's browesable here:
http://freshfoo.com/hg/config/trunk/file/165cdccf341e/emacs

All Python dependencies used by the Emacs config (eg. Pymacs,
ropemacs) are included in the config tree and loaded from
there. There's no need to install extra Python modules.

Let me know if you have any suggestions or more specific
questions. I'm always looking to improve my setup.

Regards,
Menno