[python-uk] London Python Roles

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Mon Dec 13 20:36:35 CET 2010

On 13/12/2010 7:27 PM, John Pinner wrote:
> On 13 December 2010 16:31, Alec Battles<alec.battles at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Am I the only one who considers this a bit spammy?
>>

> No ;-)
>
> On some other lists to which I subscribe, agencies are regarded as the
> lowest of the low and are banned.

I'm genuinely surprised by this reaction which comes up
even more forcefully on the main Python lists. It seems
like a reasonable use of a (technically and geographically)
focused mailing list. You might not like job agencies, but
there doesn't seem to be anything intrinsically wrong with
them.

Am I missing something? Is some kind of Linux-culture thing
which doesn't spill over...?

TJG