[python-uk] Python comparison matrix

Alex Willmer alex at moreati.org.uk
Mon Aug 9 20:54:46 CEST 2010

On 9 August 2010 19:11, Jonathan Hartley <tartley at tartley.com> wrote:
> I'd have been tempted to try and auto-generate (parts of) it, but I don't

So was I, and also a bit intimidated :).

> know how rational that decision would have been. Did you consider that, and
> figure it was simply less work to get stuck in manually?

I've (post) rationalised it thus: (1) I want to reflect want's
documented, over implementation/platform specific quirks (e.g.
WindowsError) and (2) getting all those versions compiled, running and
communicating with something automated might have taken far longer.
I'll be _very_ happy if someone proves me wrong though.
--
Alex Willmer <alex at moreati.org.uk>
http://moreati.org.uk/blog