[Python-uk] City Python meeting in October?

James Cooley jcooley@python.net
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 14:13:36 +0100

Andy said
> Discuss Python over beers informally?  Get a meeting room somewhere
> and a projector and have talks before hitting the beers?

Sounds good. Anytime in October suits me.

Glenn said:
 > It might be an idea, first of all, to find out more about us.

I'm living in Richmond and working near Farringdon. I have written
quite a few utility scripts in Python over the last couple of years.
Nothing worth releasing for general consumption though :(

I'm working for a crypto company, working in Java. I use JPython
at work to work out designs and do preliminary implementations before
committing to more the less dynamic Java for production code.

Looking forward to seeing what comes of this list. I would like to Guido
and some other heavyweights in London for a talk. Also I'm not averse to
a few pints ...

James

PS.

Top Signs You Are a Londoner
1. You say "the city" and expect everyone to know which one.

--
James Cooley [+44 (0)171-6896924]
JCP Computer Services, 16 St Johns Lane, London, EC1M 4BS, UK.