[Python-uk] City Python meeting in October?

Tony J. Ibbs (Tibs) tony@lsl.co.uk
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 09:23:10 +0100

Glenn Rogers wrote:
>It might be an idea, first of all, to find out more about us.
>How many people are even within striking distance of London, especially for
>semi-regular meetings?
>What do we actually use it for - can we have a real meeting that most of us
>won't fall asleep in?

I came across Python before 1.1, and was one of two people to introduce it
to our company, where it is used for all sorts of in-house tools, although
still stuck at 1.3 (for various reasons). I've written a wodge of small
utilities, produced a package for reading the file format of a standard I
worked on, and am currently working on a small metalanguage for Marc-Andre
Lemburg's mxTextTools package. Luckily I have 1.5.2 on a PC box at home.

As to meetings - I live in Cambridge (so within striking distance of
London), but we have two small children (so essentially no spare time) and
my other half commutes to London, so gets home between 6.30 and 7.30 - so
any meeting is likely to be difficult for me to get to without prolonged
negotiation! Doesn't stop me thinking meetings would be a wonderful idea,
though - and if it's in Cambridge I'd try *very* hard to get to it!

Oh - and we're on holiday in Glasgow 1-7 October...

Tibs
--
Tony J Ibbs (Tibs)      http://www.tibsnjoan.demon.co.uk/
Feet first with 5 wheels...