[python-sg] Decide upon the list

Martin Bähr mbaehr at email.archlab.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Aug 3 05:21:26 CEST 2011

On Wed, Aug 03, 2011 at 09:33:00AM +0800, Martin wrote:
> You have some very valid points there as well.
>
> Damnit. It's basically trading usability and openness for being part of a
> bigger network :(
>
> The decision is so hard. I would love to hear more voices.

it is possible somehow to connect a mailinglist with google groups.
at a minimum the google groups list can be added as a mailman
subscriber, thereby sending all post to the groups where you can search
them. that solves the searching problem. (and yes, pipermail is painful
to use)

of course it would then also be nice if people on the groups can post and
have mails sent to the list, but i don't know what is involved there if
you want to avoid loops.

greetings, martin.
--
cooperative communication with sTeam      -     caudium, pike, roxen and unix
services:   debugging, programming, training, linux sysadmin, web development