[Python-porting] Shebang lines for Python 3

Aaron Meurer asmeurer at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 02:32:30 CEST 2011

Excellent!  That's exactly what I was looking for.  It seems that
python2 is not very widely adopted (yet), but I think that python3 is,
and if anyone complains, we can point to this PEP/thread.

After this PEP is accepted (or even before), would the Python core
community consider adding a (potentially optional) fixer to 2to3 that
changes shebang lines?

Aaron Meurer