[Python-porting] Porting 2.1 to 2.7 without source

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 10:44:33 CET 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 01:46, Paulo Levi <i30817 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm confused. Isn't that only possible if you can control the source (or
> have enough debugging skill)? I don't actually have a compilable form of the
> source for the c extension, and i only see those structs initializations on
> them.

I'm sorry, I didn't take the "without source" comment seriously in
your topic, because that is obviously impossible. I thought you meant
something else. You can not support any new Python version without the
C-extensions source. It needs to be recompiled.

--
Lennart Regebro: http://regebro.wordpress.com/
Python 3 Porting book: http://python3porting.com/