[python-nl] django/python meeting split?

Marcel van den Elst marcel at progressivecompany.nl
Mon Apr 30 19:30:16 CEST 2012

Hi,

 > I'd personally like a pyramid talk at
 > the september Python meeting (Wichert, how does Utrecht sound?)

We're currently moving away from Django + Tastypie to Pyramid +
MongoEngine + TastyMongo (which is our adaptation of Tastypie to Mongo
and Pyramid) so we should be up to date on the topic in september.

Rationale is that we used a minimal amount of Django (neither the admin
interface, nor templates) and most got in our way instead of helping us
out. We're not there yet, but so far we're loving the new experience!

Pyramid is lightweight, very cleverly designed, at least as proven as
Django, it has much nicer Request and Response objects and object level
permissions are a breeze. Of course YMMV if you need any of the Django
specific stuff.

Whether we end up using this stack in the end remains to be seen, but
either way we can shed some light on our endeavours in September if
anyone's interested.

Cheers!
Marcel van den Elst.