[python-nl] My presentation last night at the PUN

Maurits van Rees maurits at vanrees.org
Mon Oct 24 20:43:19 CEST 2011

Op 24-10-11 16:38, Remco Wendt schreef:
> Muxing or connection sharing in SSH like a presented can be done by
> using the following lines in your .ssh/config file:
>
> # Use ssh connection sharing (muxing)
> ControlMaster auto
> ControlPath /tmp/ssh_mux_%h_%p_%r

I am using that too since a few months and it is quite handy when you
are often logged in to the same server multiple time. If you have tab
completion set up correctly on your work machine 'scp user at server:TAB'
even uses that connection, making it much faster then when you only have
an authorized ssh key on the remote server.

> # Keep connections open for one hour
> ControlPersist 1h

According to a comment in my ~/.ssh/config I have tried this but it did
not work for me.  (Mac OS X)

More ssh tips can be found at
http://blogs.perl.org/users/smylers/2011/08/ssh-productivity-tips.html
The ControlMaster tip above was the only one I kept.

(And yes, I will post a summary of the PUN, but I should do some spell
checking first.)

--
Maurits van Rees   http://maurits.vanrees.org/
Web App Programmer at Zest Software: http://zestsoftware.nl