[python-nl] Debugging tactics

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Mon Oct 5 19:13:08 CEST 2009

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 3:45 PM, Tim Molendijk <tim at timmolendijk.nl> wrote:
> Hey all,
> At the recent PUN in Amsterdam I did a short session on tactics for
> debugging web apps in Python and Django, based on my personal experiences

And of course, as a professional developer, you have reasonable tests
in place already so that you can verify the bug in a new test once
you've found it.  And experimenting in your tests can also help you a
lot.

If you don't have tests, all the debugging tools you can find won't
avail you much.

See http://reinout.vanrees.org/weblog/2009/09/29/testing.html if
anyone things I ridicule those that do not test :-)

Reinout

Reinout van Rees - reinout at vanrees.org
http://reinout.vanrees.org/ - http://www.thehealthagency.com
"I can be googled, therefore I am."