[python-nigeria] Call for Sponsors and Coaches for Django Girls Lagos #3 Workshop

amara at abocoders.org.ng amara at abocoders.org.ng
Wed Feb 1 08:44:29 EST 2017

Hello Python-Nigeria,

I am Agbo Amarachi and I am helping co-organize Django Girls Lagos #3. I
am also part of the team that organised the just concluded Django Girls
Abuja.

I write to request for coaches and sponsors that would be willing to
partner with Django Girls Lagos to make it a success. This event is
especially important as it is curated for female Internally Displace
Persons (IDPs) who have fled their homes in North-Eastern Nigeria for
safety from the activities of Boko Haram. Through this event, we hope to
expose this greatly under-served population to coding as well tech in
general.

We are looking for kind souls and organisations that would support this
program. Sponsorship would go towards food, internet, purchase of
refurbished laptops and other things to make the attendees' first
contact with coding a great experience. To become a sponsor, please find
the sponsorship proposal here [1] and let us know how you would like to
support via the lagos at djangogirls.org mail.

In addition, we need people who would coach the attendees as well as
mentors who would stay in touch with them afterwards. If you are
interested in coaching or mentoring, please feel free to sign up here
[2].

Thank you for your support . Looking forward to getting feedback from
you.

Warm regards,

Agbo Amarachi.

Links: