[python-nigeria] Hi Everyone, Agenda time line

olabayo onile-ere olabayo96 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 17 11:41:15 EST 2016

First of all I hope you all are having a great day and since the evening is young there is still so much we still can do to make it smashing. I want to use this medium to say a big thank you to Naomi for all the points she dropped, especially the point on us working together as a team to build our community. Everyone is Awesome
I have been able to break the agenda into timelines but it is still subject to the community's review, go through and sound your thoughts:
Time Line  - 1 hour 30 minutes Duration

 From Start time it Cascades downwards
1. General and brief introduction of the python mailing list, its members as well as attendees of the meetup, plus a short presentation outlining the community’s goals and general aspirations to be met.  - 10 minutes
2. Introduction of one or two notable pythonists amongst us and a 5 mins talk to sound out their experiences in the Nigerian tech space and also drop one or two words of encouragement. -  10 minutes
3. Discussion on the feasibility, preparation and timelines for holding the first ever PyNigeria (What it entails).Setting up of a committee (To develop guidelines, planning and misc involved in organizing PyNigeria and any other projects that come up) to be nominated from a pool of volunteers - 15 minutes

4. Light refreshments  & ChitChat (This can fall between any agreed time) -  15 minutes

5. Discussions on projects being handled by pythonists, their experiences and their advice etc. -  5 minutes
6. Discussion on working on a community based open source project: people submit  ideas and a general vote will be drawn to pick our first major project.  - 15 minutes
7. Discussions on the setting up of a python slack channel or similar platform to improve engagement and communication between members.  -   5 minutes
8. Conclusion - Meetup final notes of appreciation to our host, organizers and  attendees.  -  5 minutes

Note: Subject to review and we have extra idle 10 minutes, just incase we need to improvise with our timing
Thank you and Good evening!!!