[Python-mode] py-ask-about-save

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Tue Jan 31 21:47:11 CET 2012

Andreas Röhler <andreas.roehler at online.de> writes:

> (defcustom py-ask-about-save t
>   "If not nil, ask about which buffers to save before executing some code.
> Otherwise, all modified buffers are saved without asking."

> Will change the implementation into

>  "If not nil, ask about which buffers to save before executing some code.
> Otherwise do nothing."

> Opinions?

Hi, Andreas, and gang!

I guess this is inspired from compilation-ask-about-save.  It is easier
to remember when alike variables have alike behaviour.

Some Emacs variables have nil, t and 'ask for a value; you surely have
seen some of them, I do not have an example handy.  The behaviour could
be controlled by such a 3-valued variable, yet then, the variable name
should be changed to not be misleading.

François