[Python-mode] Pymacs runs from python-mode

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Tue Jan 24 04:28:27 CET 2012

Andreas Röhler <andreas.roehler at online.de> writes:

> if you could manage to moan into the bug-tracker, that will be great
> :)

Don't get me started on bug trackers! :-) I much prefer humans to
robots.  But OK, I'll ponder how usable is your tracker.  It better
*behaves*! :-)

> Existing python-mode should not disturb installed Pymacs.  Does it?

I do not know.  I've no problem currently, because the Python mode
version lags only a bit, and for tiny things without consequences.

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-mode

I've seen much worse than this tracker, could be better.  Trackers are
also devices favoring bad maintainer attitudes.  Some of my ramblings:

https://plus.google.com/110898546836957350133/posts/NLwkdraQeay

> If not, next step might be a repo, keeping/installing Pymacs alongside
> with our stuff.

Whatever works best!

> try M-x python-dedicated for a better sleep :)

Wrong type argument: commandp, python-dedicated

> Cheers,

Keep happy!

> Andreas

François :-)