[Python-mode] re/install howto?

Tom Roche Tom_Roche at pobox.com
Mon Jan 2 17:38:58 CET 2012

Andreas Röhler Sat, 31 Dec 2011 09:17:46 +0100
> new release is available

Given the release of fixes for pymacs install (formerly a separate
prereq), and also that I'm now on emacs-24, I'd like to try
reinstalling python-mode and all its prerequisites. However I'm not
seeing install instructions, much less reinstall instructions, on the
website. (Notably

https://answers.launchpad.net/python-mode/+faqs

is empty.) I note

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~python-mode-devs/python-mode/python-mode/view/head:/INSTALL
> Put the respective lines into your Emacs initialisation file:

> (add-to-list 'load-path "PATH/TO/PYTHON-MODE/")
> (setq py-install-directory "PATH/TO/PYTHON-MODE/")
> (require 'python-mode)

but am wondering if one must do

* anything with the included setup.py

* something to setup the now-included pymacs

TIA, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche at pobox.com>