[Python-mode] New to python mode, help!

Gene Horodecki geneh at shaw.ca
Sat Oct 22 02:34:29 CEST 2011

On 10/21/2011 11:40 AM, Andreas Röhler wrote:
> Am 21.10.2011 17:21, schrieb Gene Horodecki:
>> On 10/21/2011 8:43 AM, Tom Roche wrote:
>>> Gene Horodecki Fri, 21 Oct 2011 08:21:02 -0500
>
> [ ... ]
>> IN the messages buffer, I did see a complaint about the
>> (global-font-lock-mode t) which I removed and then no errors except for
>> usual X11 font complaints. According to python-mode.el the line is not
>> required for xemacs anyway. Nothing python related. Yes I do get
>> 'Python' in the mode line.
>
> Hi,
>
> as current release has some compatibility issues with XEmacs, we
> maintain a separate branch for it - no release so far.
>
> Get it with your browser from
>
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~a-roehler/python-mode/XEmacs-compat-test/files
>

> better still with bazaar installed:
>
> bzr branch lp:~a-roehler/python-mode/XEmacs-compat-test
>

> Interested to learn how it works,
>
> thanks,
>
> Andreas
Ok first of all that did not seem to make a difference.  A bit of a
funny story though.  I was using GNU emacs in terminal mode and I did
not realize it had a GUI.  I typed emacs instead of xemacs just now with
my X11 tunnel open and x-server running and I like it a lot better then
xemacs!  So needless to say I will sojourn on with GNU emacs.

Question: I'm not really clear on exactly what python-mode includes.
Does it include all the ropemacs type stuff or do I need to load that as
well?

Thanks.