[Python-mode] problem with byte-code

Andreas Röhler andreas.roehler at online.de
Mon Oct 10 14:31:06 CEST 2011

Am 10.10.2011 14:00, schrieb Andrea Crotti:
> I pulled revision 633 and byte-compiled it, but if I call python-mode I
> get:
>
> "byte-code: Don't know how to make a localized variable an alias"
>
> and no stacktrace even if I set debug-on-error to true.
>
> Any idea of what it could be?

just asked at emacs-help myself.
Only occurs with Emacs24 here.

Workaround:

comment the following section

;; backward compatibility
(define-obsolete-variable-alias 'py-python-command 'py-shell-name
"version 6.0.4")
(define-obsolete-variable-alias 'py-jpython-command 'py-shell-name
"version 6.0.4")
(define-obsolete-variable-alias 'py-jython-command 'py-shell-name
"version 6.0.4")
(define-obsolete-variable-alias 'py-default-interpreter 'py-shell-name
"version 6.0.4")
(define-obsolete-variable-alias 'python-command 'py-shell-name "version
6.0.4")

;;;;;;;;;;;;

Should py-python-command other aliased var now be missed, replace the
relevant code with py-shell-name

or do

bzr branch -r626 lp:python-mode

as patch of r627 caused this

> Another thing which I think would be nice is to get rid of this
> python-mode.el:1351:91:Warning: `interactive-p' is an obsolete function
> (as of
> Emacs 23.2); use `called-interactively-p' instead.
>
> Are you interested in a fix for that? Just a wrapper function that the
> new one if
> emacs version is > 23.2 should be fine, right?

See here

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2011-07/msg00329.html

Stefan promised to keep that function.
Remains to switch off the warning when compile, as it messes up the
buffer and makes relevant messages not noticed maybe.

Cheers,

Andreas