[Python-mode] highlight-indentation

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Sat Mar 12 04:28:58 CET 2011

Hi Andreas,

I noticed that you committed this file to our bzr tree.  I'm concerned about
doing this without Anton's approval (and maybe even with it).  Anton probably
has his own source code repository, so at the very least it would be more
effort for us to keep our copy up-to-date with his.  python-mode.el doesn't
depend on his code, so it's really not necessary for us to have a copy in our
tree.

As cool as Anton's module is, and it definitely could help Python programmers,
it's probably a better idea to add a reference to his work (and his download
site or source repository) in our README file or in the comments at the top of
python-mode.el.

If Anton really wants us to keep the canonical version of his mode in our bzr
tree, we could discuss that.  Anton, what do you think?

Cheers,
-Barry