[Python-mode] [PDEE] CEDET integration with python-mode.el?

Yaroslav Halchenko lists at onerussian.com
Sat Mar 20 23:35:35 CET 2010

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010, Rohan Nicholls wrote:
> > Ipython + python-mode + python-ropemacs + pylint + flymake + outline
> > >...<
> I have also used such a setup, and it has a lot to offer, but I found
> that it really dies on you when you work with big projects.  I think
> >...<
I had similar slowdown/cpu_intensive experience with some versions of
pylint and more or less large projects but then it somehow became sane
again (didn't check if any recent version changelog had any
performance/dependecy_tracking improvements  mentioned)

> emacs frontend to rpdb (command line version of the winpdb debugger),
> which seems to handle threading as well if not better than anyone
> else.  Pdb falls down horribly when dealing with multi-threaded
> applications such as a wx-python or zope app.
what about pydb (or even may be a new rewrite pydbgr ?)  I bet Rocky
(their author) who is also an emacs user might like to join the forces
to provide adequate glue? (CCing him just in case... for the complete
thread see

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-mode/2010-March/000751.html
--
                                  .-.