[Python-mode] py-goto-block-up

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Sat Apr 17 04:56:32 CEST 2010

On 4/16/2010 2:28 PM, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On Apr 16, 2010, at 10:03 AM, Eric S. Johansson wrote:

> I dunno.  If it's useful to people sure, but I doubt I'd use them much.
> Sometimes it's just quicker to use C-n and C-p y'know? :)

well duh, if you have working hands it certainly is easier.  like some of my
similarly disabled brethren and cistern[sic], I find it far easier to move the
mouse into the vicinity and then tell to do what I want to do. For example, go
to hear or push to hear is far easier than saying move up three lines and then
move lost for words. After series of commands like that, I expect to hear "you
sunk my battleship". At the same time, looking at the output of a Python stack
trace, saying "go to line three five zero" is far easier than scrolling or paging.

User interfaces aren't easy. Especially when people deviate from capabilities
and endurance of a 20-year-old.