[Python-mode] Backtab?

BryanC bryan.catanzaro at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 19:57:09 CEST 2008

I would like python-mode to understand backtab (generated when I press
shift+tab on windows).  It would be nice to be able to go both directions in
the indentation cycle, which is what shift+tab does in other applications.
This is especially natural for closing nested blocks in python - using tab,
I have to cycle through all sorts of outer blocks when I really only want to
close the innermost block.

However, when I try this in python mode, emacs tells me that <backtab> is
undefined.
Is this already implemented some other way?

Thanks.