[Python-mode] [ python-mode-Bugs-1180180 ] Proposed improvement for pycomplete

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sun Apr 10 14:33:16 CEST 2005

Bugs item #1180180, was opened at 2005-04-10 14:33
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=581349&aid=1180180&group_id=86916

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hi.

I really like the idea of pycomplete a lot.

However, it only completes simple cases: "sys.cl"
becomes "sys.clock" once completed.

What would be interesting would be to get a list of
completions for "sys.".

I believe that what needs to be changed is the following:
- have pycomplete.py return a list of all possibilities
- in py-complete() in pycomplete.el, use the output of
pycomplete.py to call try-completion; if it works, use
it, if not and there are several possibilities, display
all the possibilities given by all-completions and
allow to chose between them.

The former is trivial (patch attached).

I tried to do the latter, but my lack of knowledge in
elisp put a rapid stop to it, so in case somebody knows
elisp and is interested by this (I think it would be a
cool feature), I thought I'd record the idea here.

Regards,

Hugo