Variable scope inside and outside functions - global statement being overridden by assignation unless preceded by reference

Alan Gauld learn2program at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 05:59:38 EST 2024

On 05/03/2024 22:46, Grant Edwards via Python-list wrote:
> Unfortunately (presumably thanks to SEO) the enshittification of
> Google has reached the point where searching for info on things like
> Python name scope, the first page of links are to worthless sites like
> geeksforgeeks.
And not just Google, I just tried bing, yahoo and duckduckgo
and they are all the same. Not a one listed anything from
python.org on the first page... In fact it didn't even appear
in the first 100 listings, although wikipedia did manage an
entry, eventually.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site