Extract lines from file, add to new files

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Jan 30 12:25:48 EST 2024

On Tue, 30 Jan 2024, AVI GROSS via Python-list wrote:

> But seriously, the OP, AKA Rich, is making clear that he is making a tool
> for his own use. It sounds like he wants to maintain a data repository of
> his own with some info about his clients and then have the ability to
> specify a name and pop up an email directed to them, or something along
> those lines.

Close, Avi.

I have no issues sending messages to single individuals or mailing lists. I
want to send the same message to several individuals at one time, which I've
done -- without individual salutations -- for 30 years using a bash script
and mailx.

As I replied to Thomas on the list, I've downloaded 11 PDF docs from the Web
(and a useful book on the Python3 standard library) and will start reading
and learning from them today. I expect to find answers to my few remaining
questions in these docs.

Regards,

Rich