Extract lines from file, add to new files

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jan 29 11:15:44 EST 2024

On Fri, 12 Jan 2024, Rich Shepard via Python-list wrote:

> For my use 1) the salutation and email address (always with an '@') are
> sequential and 2) I'm developing the script to extract both from the same
> file.

I've looked at my Python books "Python Crash Course," "Effective Python,"
and "Python Tricks The Book" as well as web pages in my searches without
finding the answer to what may be a simple question: how to specify a
variable in one file that has its values in another file.

Specifically, how to I designate the salutation holder in the message file
and pass it the name value from the name/email address file?

If this explanation is not sufficiently clear I'll re-write it. :-)

TIA,

Rich