Extract lines from file, add to new files

2QdxY4RzWzUUiLuE at potatochowder.com 2QdxY4RzWzUUiLuE at potatochowder.com
Sat Jan 13 06:58:34 EST 2024

On 2024-01-13 at 11:34:29 +0100,
Left Right <olegsivokon at gmail.com> wrote:

> > The Python term, at least colloquially, is "tuple unpacking."

That quote is from me.  Please do preserve attributions.

> Well, why use colloquialism if there's a language specification? Also,
> there weren't any tuples used in my example, at least not explicitly
> (i could've been a tuple, but that wasn't specified).

According to the language specification,⁰ it's a "target list," and
there can be more than one target in that list.

The unpacking isn't really called anything, it's just the way Python
assignment works, all the way back to its earliest stages.¹

⁰ https://docs.python.org/3/reference/simple_stmts.html#assignment-statements,
¹ https://docs.python.org/release/1.4/ref/ref6.html#HDR2