Testing (sorry)

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 18:09:26 EST 2024

On 2024-02-18, Peter J. Holzer via Python-list <python-list at python.org> wrote:
> [Replying to the list *and* Grant]
>
> On 2024-02-17 19:38:04 -0500, Grant Edwards via Python-list wrote:
>> Today I noticed that nothing I've posted to python-list in past 3
>> weeks has shown up on the list.
>
> January 29th, AFAICS. And end of december before that.
>
>> I don't know how to troubleshoot this other than sending test
>> messages.  Obviously, if this shows up on the list, then I've gotten
>> it to work...
>
> This did show up and 3 other test messages with very similar text
> as well.
>
> Also there was a whole flurry of almost but not quite identical messages
> from you in the "nan" thread.

Sorry about that.

All of those were posted at various times throughout the day yesterday
using two different accounts, two different mail servers, and three
different methods for submitting the e-mails.  I finally gave up and
switched to using comp.lang.python via Usenet.

Then, about 24 hours later, all those messages finally showed up.

At one point about half way through that process yesterday, I
unsusbscribed and then re-subscribed both e-mail addresses.  I got
confirmation and welcome messages on both accounts.  Sending "help"
requests to the list server produced the expected results. I enabled
the sending of confirmation messages from the list server.

But posts to the list still seemed to vanish into the ether while
emails from both accounts reached other destinations without delay,

During this process a number of posts from other users did appear in
the list archive and at at _one_ of the two e-mail addresses which I
had subscribed.

But no sign of any of my posts.

About 24 hours later, all of my posts (and the confirmation e-mails)
all showed up in a burst at the same time on two different unrelated
e-mail accounts.

I still have no clue what was going on...

--
Grant