Proposed Python Computer Program - Feb. 17, 2024

Science Researcher ScienceResearch01 at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 17 21:27:36 EST 2024

PROPOSED PYTHON COMPUTER LANGUAGE PROGRAM - Posted on February 17, 2024

TOPICS

Some Background Information
Test Post Newsgroups
Adding Posting Dates To Newsgroup Notes
E-mail Address
Other Internet Security Steps
Personal Opinion Statements

SOME BACKGROUND INFORMATION

       A fair amount of detail has been included with this Newsgroup post
because now that I finally have my Newsgroup posting program running again,
I am planning to soon start recommending that Python programmers around the
world consider working on the creation of a very important python computer
language program that I believe will be of great value to international
disaster management efforts and to quite a few scientists around the world.

       The overall programming effort might best be run by university and
government python programming personnel.  But the computer program would
have so many different uses that individual programmers would likely be able
to make improvements and submit them for consideration by the university and
government groups.

       A perl computer language version of the program has been running for
years.  A long time ago, code for an early version was formally copyrighted
in the United States.  Program code was also made available for free use
under a GNU license.

       The version of perl that I am using processes computer program code
in a very slow manner.  The present perl program contains more than 13,000
line of code and has to generate png picture files by sending information to
a gnuplot program.

       Compiled python programs would run much faster and be of greater
value to scientists.  Gnuplot, for example, would no longer be needed.  I
expect that once a python version of the program became available to
scientists, the program would evolve with tremendous speed.  It should have
the ability to tell scientists how to make improvements to its own math
routines.  They would improve the program's data generation accuracy and its
value.

       One of my specialty areas in science involves disaster management
where I believe I am considered to be an "Expert."  I have several degrees
in the physical sciences.  I do a fair amount of computer programming but
would not be considered a python computer programming "Expert" or even a
"Novice."  So it would be difficult for me to translate the present perl and
gnuplot routines to python.

       In the past, one programming problem resulted from the fact that I
developed the original perl program with the help of a retired U.S.
government computer programmer.  He could work with gnuplot and TrueBasic
but was unable to work with either perl or python.  A number of compromises
had to be made.  One involved using gnuplot to generate picture files.

TEST POST NEWSGROUPS

       Several response posts to my original test posts discussed sending
them to some test Newsgroup before posting them to the comp.lang.python
Newsgroup.

       I did post one or more of my original tests posts to the
test.ignore   Newsgroup.

       There were two  problems that I was having was with my E-mail
computer program - Windows Live Mail - that also creates my Newsgroup posts.

First - It worked fine for E-mail after I installed it on my computer.  But
it would not work for Newsgroup posts.  I called my E-mail server personnel
about the problem.  But they seemed to have no idea regarding what I was
talking about and could not answer my questions.

Second - my Newsgroup post program would not use the return E-mail address
that I wanted it to use when it created Newsgroup posts.

Solutions - The solutions for both problems were to just reset everything
with my E-mail server and my E-mail and Newsgroup message creation program.
Then the Newsgroup posting part of "Windows Live Mail" started working.

ADDING POSTING DATES TO NEWSGROUP NOTES

       The contents of my Newsgroup posts are at times sent to people by
E-mail or are posted to Internet forums.  So, I usually add the posting date
to my Newsgroup posts so that people receiving the E-mails or reading the
forum posts know when the original Newsgroup message was posted.  The
E-mails etc. would just contain text information.  People reading them would
not be able to determine from the header information when the original
Newsgroup note was posted.

E-MAIL ADDRESS

       The response E-mail address attached to this Newsgroup post is a real
E-mail address.

       It has a special form so that the address can be easily changed when
spam robots start sending E-mails to that address.

       Over the years I have found that spam robots can create a variety of
problems once they get hold of an E-mail address.  Making a minor change in
the E-mail address seems to take care of the problem.  It appears that even
a simple change can confuse most or all of the spam robots.  For a while,
they likely continue to send E-mails to an address that no longer exists and
probably eventually abandon their efforts.

OTHER INTERNET SECURITY STEPS

       Over the decades, I have sent a considerable amount of information to
various world governments.  They have at times made good use of my
recommendations.

       With each election, people running different governments, especially
the U.S. government, can change their opinions regarding what they believe
is and is not important.  As a consequence, people running the U.S.
government, for example, might presently like what a person states in a
Newsgroup post.  But 4 or 8 years from now, a new group of people running
the government might not like what someone said 4 or 8 years in the past.

       To be on the safe side, since various governments might be using my
information regarding subjects such as "Renewable Energy," I don't add
personal names to my Newsgroup posts or even to my E-mail messages.
Instead, some neutral name such as "Science Researcher" is used.

       Most government officials would probably not be able to easily
determine who "Science Researcher," for example, is.  Except in unusual
circumstances, they likely won't attempt to check the header information
associated with a Newsgroup post or an E-mail letter.  If you add a personal
name to a Newsgroup post, an E-mail, an Internet forum post, or your own Web
site you are making it easy for possibly unfriendly future government
officials to determine whom you might be and then get revenge on you for
proposing that "Renewable Energy" is good!

PERSONAL OPINION STATEMENTS

"These are statements of personal opinion."

       It is likely important to at times add the above "Personal Opinion"
statement to Newsgroup posts when they contain specific words, phrases, or
information  etc. such as "Windows Live Mail"  that might be copyrighted.
Most people would probably not want to have the Microsoft corporation
getting angry with them.

       I also don't want my E-mail server personnel to become angry because
I stated that they were unable to answer some simple questions regarding
posting notes to Newsgroups.

Regards to all.

Science Researcher