Postgresql equivalent of Python's timeit?

Albert-Jan Roskam sjeik_appie at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 17 05:01:43 EDT 2023

   On Sep 15, 2023 19:45, "Peter J. Holzer via Python-list"

     On 2023-09-15 17:42:06 +0200, Albert-Jan Roskam via Python-list wrote:
     >    This is more related to Postgresql than to Python, I hope this is
     ok.
     >    I want to measure Postgres queries N times, much like Python timeit
     >    (https://docs.python.org/3/library/timeit.html). I know about
     EXPLAIN
     >    ANALYZE and psql \timing, but there's quite a bit of variation in
     the
     >    times. Is there a timeit-like function in Postgresql?

     Why not simply call it n times from Python?

     (But be aware that calling the same query n times in a row is likely to
     be
     unrealistically fast because most of the data will already be in
     memory.)

   =====
   Thanks, I'll give this a shot. Hopefully the caching is not an issue if I
   don't re-use the same database connection.