How to find any documentation for smbus?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Sat Oct 28 12:50:51 EDT 2023

Dan Purgert <dan at djph.net> wrote:
> On 2023-10-28, Chris Green wrote:
> > I am using the python3 smbus module, but it's hard work because of the
> > lack of documentation.  Web searches confirm that the documentation is
> > somewhat thin!
> >

> The SMBus spec is available from http://smbus.org (or at least it used
> to be ... watch it be hidden behind a paywall now).

That provides very detailed hardware information but virtually nothing
at all about software libraries and such.  Lots of interesting
reading, for example there's an appendix detailing the differences
between smbus and i2c, but nothing very helpful for a poor old
application programmer like me! :-)

--
Chris Green
·