Question(s)

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 09:29:31 EDT 2023

On Wed, Oct 25, 2023 at 7:56 AM Dieter Maurer <dieter at handshake.de> wrote:

> o1bigtenor wrote at 2023-10-25 07:50 -0500:
> >> There are several others,
> >> e.g. "ECLIPSE" can be used for Python development.
> >
> >Is 'Eclipse' a Windows oriented IDE?
>
> No.
> ==> "https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eclipse_(software)"

It would appear that something has changed.

Went to the Eclipse download page, downloaded and verified (using sha-512).
Expanded software to # opt .
There is absolutely NO mention of anything python - - - java, c and
its permutations,
'scientific computing', and some others but nothing python.

I may be missing something due to an extreme lack of knowledge.

Please advise as to where I might find the 'python' environment in eclipse.

TIA