Question(s)

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 07:44:55 EDT 2023

On Wed, Oct 25, 2023 at 6:24 AM Dieter Maurer <dieter at handshake.de> wrote:

> o1bigtenor wrote at 2023-10-24 07:22 -0500:
> >Is there a way to verify that a program is going to do what it is
> >supposed to do even
> >before all the hardware has been assembled and installed and tested?
>
> Others have already noted that "verify" is a very strong aim.

I have worked in environments where everything was 100% tested. Errors
were either corrected or one's attendance was uninvited. Powerful impetus
to do a good job.

> There are different kinds of errors.
>
> Some can be avoided by using an integrated development environment
> (e.g. misspellings, type mismatches, ...).

Haven't heard of a python IDE - - - doesn't mean that there isn't such - -
just that I haven't heard of such. Is there a python IDE?

> Some can be found via tests.
> Look at Python's "unittest" package for learn how to write tests.
> "unittest.mock" can help you to mockup hardware you do not yet have.

Thanks - - -more to look into.

Regards