Question(s)

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 08:22:22 EDT 2023

Greetings

(Sorry for a nebulous subject but dunno how to have a short title for
a complex question.)

I have been using computers for a long time but am only beginning my
foray into the
galaxy of programming. Have done little to this point besides
collection of information
on sensors and working on the logic of what I wish to accomplish. Have
been reading code that accompanies other's projects in the process of
self development.

Is there a way to verify that a program is going to do what it is
supposed to do even
before all the hardware has been assembled and installed and tested?

(Many years ago I remember an article (if not an issue) in Byte magazine about
mathematically proven constructs a.k.a. programs - - - this idea is
what I'm pursuing.
The concept is that in non-trivial programs there are plenty of places where a
poorly placed symbol or lack of a character will result in at best an inaccurate
result and at worst - - - no result. This is the kind of thing
(correct code) that I'm
hoping to accomplish - - - to rephrase the question - - - how do I
test for that?)

TIA