Newline (NuBe Question)

Grizzy Adams RealGrizzlyAdams at vivaldi.net
Wed Nov 15 11:51:09 EST 2023

Wednesday, November 15, 2023  at 9:45, Thomas Passin via Python-list wrote:
Re: Newline (NuBe Question) (at least in part)

>On 11/15/2023 2:25 AM, Grizzy Adams via Python-list wrote:
>> Hi & thanks for patience with what could be simple to you

>You may see responses that suggest various code alternatives.  But you
>haven't shown us an example of what you want the output to look like,

Offered code got closer (sort of) my old code gave on long (only 5 records so
far) list,

['Example High', 'Mary', 89.6, 'Pass', 'Example High', 'Matthew', 76.5, 'Fail', 'Example High', 'Marie', 80.4, 'Fail', 'Example High', 'Manuel', 79.6, 'Fail', 'Example High', 'Malala', 98.9, 'Pass']

offered code gave one tall column,

Example High
Mary
89.6
Pass
Example High
Matthew
76.5
Fail
Example High
Marie
80.4
Fail
Example High
Manuel
79.6
Fail
Example High
Malala
98.9
Pass

my ideal is one row for each student (I had edited manually to show this)

Example High, Mary, 89.6, Pass
Example High, Matthew, 76.5, Fail
Example High, Marie, 80.4, Fail
Example High, Manuel, 79.6, Fail
Example High, Malala, 98.9, Pass

>and you haven't said what else you plan to use the list for.  So anyone
>who responds has to fly blind, without knowing key information.

I'll keep list for a while in case it gets used or reused later, for now it's
just a test bed along with a few others, I can work thru as I learn