pip/pip3 confusion and keeping up to date

Karsten Hilbert Karsten.Hilbert at gmx.net
Mon Nov 6 17:04:37 EST 2023

Am Mon, Nov 06, 2023 at 02:43:47PM -0700 schrieb Mats Wichmann via Python-list:

> >I had just hoped someone here might have a handy pointer for
> >how to deal with modules having to be installed from pip for
> >use with an apt-installed python-based application.
>
> That just shouldn't happen - such packages are supposed to be dependency-complete within
> the packaging universe in question.

Yep, that's the preferable ideal world.

Which doesn't happen (but that's not the fault of anyone
around here, no harm intended).

.From all the posts I gather the answer to my question is
"simply": unpackaged-but-needed modules need to be packaged.

Karsten
--
GPG  40BE 5B0E C98E 1713 AFA6  5BC0 3BEA AC80 7D4F C89B