Checking if email is valid

D'Arcy Cain darcy at VybeNetworks.com
Sun Nov 5 05:28:19 EST 2023

On 2023-11-05 00:39, Grant Edwards via Python-list wrote:
> Definitely. Syntactic e-mail address "validation" is one of the most
> useless and widely broken things on the Interwebs.  People who do
> anything other than require an '@' (and optionally make you enter the
> same @-containing string twice) are deluding themselves.

And don't get me started on phone number validation.  The most annoying
thing to me, though, is sites that reject names that have an apostrophe
in them.  I hate being told that my name, that I have been using for
over seventy years, is invalid.

OK, now that I am started, what else?  Oh yah.  Look at your credit
card.  The number has spaces in it.  Why do I have to remove them.  If
you don't like them then you are a computer, just remove them.

When do we stop working for computers and have the computers start
working for us?

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Vybe Networks Inc.