Checking if email is valid

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 12:19:14 EDT 2023

On 11/4/23 02:51, Simon Connah via Python-list wrote:
> Wow. I'm half tempted to make a weird email address to see how many websites get it wrong.
>
> Thank you for the link.

Nearly all websites seem to reject simple correct email addresses such
as myemail+sometext at example.domain.  I like to use this kind of email
address when I can to help me filter out the inevitable spam that comes
from companies selling off my address even after claiming they won't.

So I suspect that nearly all websites are going to reject other kinds of
weird email addresses you can create that are actually correct.