Checking if email is valid

Mike Dewhirst miked at dewhirst.com.au
Thu Nov 2 18:30:42 EDT 2023

If i wanted an email verifier I would look at open source frameworks and see how they do it. Django comes to mind.--(Unsigned mail from my phone)
-------- Original message --------From: Michael Torrie via Python-list <python-list at python.org> Date: 3/11/23  07:23  (GMT+10:00) To: python-list at python.org Subject: Re: Checking if email is valid On 11/2/23 00:42, Simon Connah via Python-list wrote:> Basically I'm writing unit tests and one of them passess in a string > with an invalid email address. I need to be able to check the string > to see if it is a valid email so that the unit test passess.If you truly have managed to code an RFC-compliant verifier, I commend you.> Valid as in conforms to the standard. Although having looked at the> standard that might be more difficult than originally planned.You'll have to read the relevant RFCs.  Lots of corner cases!  From whatI can see virtually no one on the internet gets it right, judging by thenumber of times I have valid email addresses flagged as not valid bypoor algorithms.-- https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-list