Checking if email is valid

Grizzy Adams RealGrizzlyAdams at vivaldi.net
Thu Nov 2 03:09:34 EDT 2023

Thursday, November 02, 2023  at 6:46, Simon Connah via Python-list wrote:
Re: Checking if email is valid (at least in part)

>My goal is to make a simple mailing list platform. I guess I could just send
>email to an address and if it bounces then I can remove it from the database.

That function is "built in" with many email clients, I use a modified version
to move probably dead addresses to a "bounced" folder, from there I can build a
Dlist with one click and test again later, even later I add these addresss to a
larger Dlist to filter for mail from known bad/dead addresses