What to use instead of nntplib?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue May 30 17:12:43 EDT 2023

On Wed, 31 May 2023 at 06:59, aapost <aapost at idontexist.club> wrote:

> To add an additional bitching, I don't really ever see anyone discussing
> the dynamics and downsides of github (and things like it). Or how things
> like mozilla killing off usenet and mailing lists changes the entire
> dynamic of who manages and gets a say in how technology gets to move
> forward.

I used to run my own mail server.

Now I don't.

Practicality beats purity.

To be quite frank, the moralistic approach of complaining about the
way other people are too happy to give control to big companies is
NEVER going to achieve anything. You're welcome to be a little island,
that one Gaulish village that still holds out against the invaders,
but all you'll actually be doing is sidelining yourself.

I'm not saying that this is a GOOD situation, but facts are facts, and
I use Chrome and GitHub and a wide variety of other tools that aren't
free.

ChrisA