complaint

dn PythonList at DancesWithMice.info
Tue May 30 16:42:41 EDT 2023

Hi Daniel,

On 31/05/2023 02.40, Daniel Ifechukwude Dibie wrote:
> i tried to uninstall the python 3.11.3 program from my machine so that i
> can re-install it is showing successful but it is ligerning on the program
> and features

Is that word "lingering". If so, do you mean that Python did not
uninstall properly - or do you mean that the reinstalled version is slow
to operate?

Not understanding the question, I threw it into ChatGPT:-

User
i tried to uninstall the python 3.11.3 program from my machine so that i
can re-install it is showing successful but it is ligerning on the
program and features

ChatGPT
If you are experiencing issues uninstalling Python 3.11.3 from your
machine, here are a few steps you can try to resolve the problem:

     Restart your computer: Sometimes, a simple restart can help resolve
issues related to the uninstallation process.

     Use an uninstaller tool: You can try using a third-party
uninstaller tool to remove Python 3.11.3 from your system. These tools
are designed to thoroughly remove programs, including any leftover files
or registry entries. Some popular uninstaller tools include Revo
Uninstaller, IObit Uninstaller, and Geek Uninstaller.

     Manual uninstallation: If the above steps don't work, you can try
manually uninstalling Python 3.11.3. Here's how you can do it:
         Open the "Programs and Features" or "Apps & Features" section
in your computer's control panel.
         Locate Python 3.11.3 in the list of installed programs.
         Click on Python 3.11.3 and select the "Uninstall" or "Remove"
option.
         Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the
uninstallation process.
         After the uninstallation is complete, you may also want to
delete any remaining Python-related folders or files from your system.
These are typically located in the "C:\Python3.11" directory.

Please note that manually deleting files from your system can be risky
if you're not familiar with the process. Be cautious and ensure that
you're deleting the correct files associated with Python 3.11.3.

Once you have successfully uninstalled Python 3.11.3, you can proceed
with reinstalling it on your machine. Make sure to download the
installer from the official Python website (https://www.python.org) and
follow the installation instructions provided.

User
i tried to uninstall the python 3.11.3 program from my machine so that i
can re-install it is showing successful but it is slow to load the
program and features

ChatGPT

If the uninstallation process appears to be successful, but you are
experiencing slow loading of the "Programs and Features" section in the
control panel, there might be a few possible reasons for this issue.
Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem:

     Wait for a while: Sometimes, the uninstallation process might take
some time to complete all the necessary tasks, especially if it's a
large program like Python. It's possible that the program is still
finalizing its uninstallation in the background. Give it some time and
see if the "Programs and Features" section starts responding normally
after a few minutes.

     Restart your computer: Restarting your computer can help resolve
any lingering processes or system issues that may be causing the slow
accessing the control panel again and see if the problem persists.

     Check for other processes or services: It's possible that other
processes or services running on your computer are causing a slowdown.
Close any unnecessary applications and check if there are any
resource-intensive processes running in the background. You can open the
Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) to check for any unusually high CPU or
memory usage.

     Check for system errors: Run a scan for system errors using the
built-in Windows System File Checker (SFC) tool. Open a Command Prompt
as an administrator and run the command: sfc /scannow. This will scan
your system for any corrupted or missing system files and attempt to
repair them.

     Reinstall Python: If the issue persists, you can try reinstalling
Python 3.11.3 again after performing the above steps. Make sure to
follow the official installation instructions and download the installer
from the official Python website (https://www.python.org).

If none of the above steps resolve the slow loading issue, there might
be underlying system issues causing the problem. You may consider
seeking further assistance from a technical expert or your system
administrator to diagnose and resolve the issue.

NB I do not use MS-Windows (which is an assumption - not stated in OP),
and thus cannot vouch for the veracity of this advice, nor for its
accuracy - caveat emptor!

Hope one of those sets of ideas will help...
- will be interested to hear how you get on...
--
Regards,
=dn