pip module not found

Thomas Passin list1 at tompassin.net
Fri May 12 12:50:14 EDT 2023

On 5/12/2023 11:18 AM, Thomas Passin wrote:
> On 5/12/2023 2:42 AM, David John wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I recently have been experiencing issues with the pip installation
>> module.
>> I have python version 3.11 installed. I've checked the directory
>> installed
>> in the systems variables window and nothing is amiss. Kindly assist.
>
> It would be useful if you told us what operating system you are using
> and how you installed Python.
>
> Many if not most Linux distributions do not include pip by default.
> Usually the package manager as a version to install.  On systems based
> on Debian, you can install pip with:
>
> sudo apt install python3-pip
>
> On others, you will have to look around in the package manager or search
> on line.
>
> As a last resort, if you cannot find an OS package manager way to
> install pip, you find out how from here:
>
> https://pip.pypa.io/en/stable/installation/
>
> As the link says, you can run from a command line:
>
> <python> -m ensurepip --upgrade
>
> NOTE: instead of <python>, use the command that launches the right
> version of python on your system  On Windows, this is usually py.  On
> Linux, it is usually python3.

On Linux, if you want tkinter, you may have to install it with the
package manager too.  On Debian-related systems:

sudo apt-get install python3-tk

For the Yum package manager:

yum install tkinter

You may also need to install ImageTk:

sudo apt-get install python3-pil.imagetk  (Debian-based)

On Centos/Red Hat derived systems, you will also need to install

python3-pillow
python3-pillow-tk