Editing PEP-8, in particular "expected 2 blanks, found 1

Roy Hann specially at processed.almost.meat
Wed May 3 06:02:45 EDT 2023

Kevin M. Wilson wrote:

> Folks, help please! What the @#$! are these doing popping up. Code styles are personal, and not subject to debate. [snip]

"Expected 2 blanks"? Or "Expected 2 blank _lines_"?

Two blank lines between function/method definitions has been recommended
for more than 20 years. When I first started using Python I found a lot
of the PEP-8 style recommendations whimsical and annoying. But I've come
to appreciate most of them and no longer feel a strong urge to go my own
way. I even use black now.

There are plenty of seriously bad habits in our industry. I save
my individualism for fighting things that are demonstraby harmful.

Roy