Python not showing correct version

Barry Scott barry at barrys-emacs.org
Thu Mar 30 13:14:51 EDT 2023

> On 30 Mar 2023, at 15:17, Sumeet Firodia <ssfirodia at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Hi Team,
>>
>> I have installed Python 3.8 for Snowpark but when I check the version in
>> command prompt it shows me Python 3.10.10.
>>
>> C:\Users\admin>python --version
>> Python 3.10.10

Try this:

py -3.8

And this to list all version of python installed:

py -0

>> Also when I try to uninstall 3.10 it says no such version is installed.
>>
>> C:\Users\admin>pip uninstall python 3.10.10
>> WARNING: Skipping python as it is not installed.
>> WARNING: Skipping 3.10.10 as it is not installed.

PIP is for installing python modules not the python program.
The python program is installed by running the .exe that you get from python.org <http://python.org/>, for example.
Use the standard Windows method to uninstall a program.
Search the web for "windows uninstall software" if you are not sure how to do this.

Barry