Ole version set as default

Eryk Sun eryksun at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 14:30:36 EDT 2023

On 3/29/23, Pranav Bhardwaj <pranavbhardwaj773 at gmail.com> wrote:
>                I am Pranav Bhardwaj and I stuck in a problem. My problem is
> that in my system I have python 3.11.2 but when I type python in my command
> prompt, my command prompt show that python version 2.7.13 as a default.

Run the following command in the shell

    where.exe python

Note the first directory where "python" is found. Edit both the system
and the user environment variables to remove that directory from both
the system and user "Path" environment variable. Open a new shell from
Explorer, and confirm that "python" no longer runs Python 2. If
"python" still runs Python 2, repeat this procedure.

Next run the Python 3.11 installer again to modify the installation.
On the second page, enable the option to add Python to the environment
variables, and click "install". After it's done, open a new shell.
Running "python" should start Python 3.11. Also "pip" should work. You
should also be able to run Python using the "py" launcher and pip via
"py -m pip".

To ensure that that .py file association is correct, open the system
settings app and navigate to "Apps" -> "Default Apps".  Enter ".py"
and ensure that it's associated with the Python app that has a rocket
on its icon (i.e. Python's "py" launcher). Repeat this for ".pyw",
".pyz", and ".pyc".