Standard class for time *period*?

Thomas Passin list1 at tompassin.net
Wed Mar 29 12:48:33 EDT 2023

On 3/29/2023 2:17 AM, Loris Bennett wrote:

> I am glad to hear that I am not alone :-) However, my use-case is fairly
> trivial, indeed less complicated than yours.  So, in truth I don't
> really need a Period class.  I just thought it might be a sufficiently
> generic itch that someone else with a more complicated use-case could
> have already scratched.  After all, that the datetime classes exist,
> even though I only use a tiny part of the total functionality.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Loris

Maybe there is - https://github.com/LinkCareServices/period

"Period is a basic time period checking library.

Period is based on period.py by William S. Annis. (available at
https://www.biostat.wisc.edu/~annis/creations/period.py.html) and ported
to python3 with a few improvements. Period.py was in part inspired by
perl's Time::Period module and the time class mechanism of Cfengine."

I have not worked with it, but it may be worth looking at.  I found this
by going to PyPi.org and asking for "period".