[Request for Assistance] To uninstall python installed in other user profile (Win 10)

Thomas Passin list1 at tompassin.net
Tue Mar 28 12:18:43 EDT 2023

On 3/28/2023 12:56 AM, Yogesh Tirthkar wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> Could you please advise on the scenario in windows 10 machine : Where we need to uninstall/remove python from user profile A (installed by user A in its own profile folder) - via an admin user or system account.
>
> Currently when we try to uninstall it via admin/system account - it displays that the python product is not installed for this user (admin/system).
>
> Appreciate your assistance.

It depends on where the Python installation is located, but I would just
delete the entire folder tree at %APPDATA%\Python\Python3xxx.

If Python was installed for all users, its main set of files will
probably be in "c:\Program Files" and Window's "Add or Remove" page
should remove it.

If it was installed just for User A, then the "Add or Remove" page will
find it if run from User A's account.  If for some reason User A will
not or cannot cooperate, the admin could change User A's password and
then run "Add or Remove".  Of course the admin would not be able to
change the pw back, but if User A is not cooperating maybe that wouldn't
matter.