Numpy, Matplotlib crash Python 3.8 Windows 7, 32-bit - can you help ?

Thomas Passin list1 at tompassin.net
Thu Mar 23 11:48:43 EDT 2023

On 3/18/2023 3:05 PM, Thomas Passin wrote:
>> downloaded and run HWiNFO and AVE not supported, not greened out
>
> That's too bad; you may be out of luck.  It's possible that someone
> has compiled the .pyd library in such a way that it does not need the
>  instruction set extensions.  I'm sorry but I don't know how to find
> out except by trying internet searches - or by downgrading to earlier
>  versions of Numpy hoping to find one that works and also can be used
> by the other libraries/programs that need to use it.

Here's a possibility to try -

https://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/#numpy

"NumPy: a fundamental package needed for scientific computing with Python.

Numpy+MKL is linked to the Intel® Math Kernel Library and includes
required DLLs in the numpy.DLLs directory.

Numpy+Vanilla is a minimal distribution, which does not include any
optimized BLAS libray or C runtime DLLs."

I didn't realize that Christoph Gohlke is still maintaining this site. I
haven't needed to use it since PyPi got so much more complete about
packages with binary code. He has tons of binary packages for all kinds
of Python libraries.  I think this one might work for you because it
links to the Intel math library. So it may be able to use various or no
instruction set extensions. If so, it could work with your old processor.

Worth trying, anyway.