Numpy, Matplotlib crash Python 3.8 Windows 7, 32-bit - can you help ?

a a manta103g at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 08:09:21 EDT 2023

On Saturday, 18 March 2023 at 20:12:22 UTC+1, Thomas Passin wrote:
> On 3/17/2023 11:52 AM, a a wrote:

> >> Thank you Thomas
> >> for your kind reply.
> >>
> >> I am fully aware to be living on an old machine, old OS, Windows 7, 32-bit system
> >> but I have visited every social chat support forum on the Internet: from Python to Matplotlib, Numpy, Twitter, Github.
> >>
> >> As a newbie I am not aware how to downgrade "the multiarray version to an
> >> earlier one
> >>
> >> I simply tried to test Python code from
> >>

> >> https://www.section.io/engineering-education/reading-and-processing-android-sensor-data-using-python-with-csv-read/
> >>
> >> ====
> >> # Python program to read .csv file
> >>
> >> import numpy as np
> >> import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
> >> import csv
> >> ----
> >>
> >> "After importing the libraries, we now read the .csv file:
> >>
> >> with open('accl1.csv', 'r') as f:
> >> data = list(csv.reader(f, delimiter=',')) #reading csv file
> >>
> >> ====
> >> Just read about AVE from Wikipedia
> >>
> >> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Vector_Extensions
> >

> > downloaded and run
> > HWiNFO
> > and AVE not supported, not greened out
> That's too bad; you may be out of luck. It's possible that someone has
> compiled the .pyd library in such a way that it does not need the
> instruction set extensions. I'm sorry but I don't know how to find out
> except by trying internet searches - or by downgrading to earlier
> versions of Numpy hoping to find one that works and also can be used by
> the other libraries/programs that need to use it.

Thank you Thomas for youre kind help.

You are the real Python PRO, you deserve Nobel Prize in Python.

I operated an old Dell computer with Windows XP preinstalled
and upgraded XP to Windows 7 to get some web services to work.

Unfortunately I failed to find and install driver for video controller since none supported by Dell.

Visited many driver sites (Intel Driver Assistant included and more)
without any success.

So life with an old PC is not easy